Friday, November 30, 2007

Classroom Cultural Exchanges

Spending as little as one hour of class time per week on such a project, cultural exchanges, perhaps by email, let a class know about people in another part of the world while writing with a purpose in English. It is not necessary to have computers in your immediate classroom, and some classes would even like to interact by snail mail.

Check out this example that took place between American 5th graders and 6th grade students in Portugal. Be sure to notice that this teacher was even nice enough to post her original messages between her and her American counterpart. (Scroll down to see some of the recipes they exchanged.)

For other ideas about possible topics for an email exchange, click here.
For a “safe” site for finding partner classes and posting your own class profile try Epals.
(Tip: When posting your own classes profile, be specific in your project guidelines and give a detailed, personable description of your class! You are more likely to find willing classes and teachers to partner with!)
Take a few minutes to search on possible parter classes for an email exchange using Epals. What do you notice about those descriptions that catch your attention?
For a site offering other international, collaborative projects check out elanguages.
Do you see any projects here that your class would want to collaborate on?

7 comments:

oscar said...

This has been an interesting task, but I'm dissable to use the computer, so I'm tired right now. Sorry

Taurus Jade said...

Hi Miss Miller!
Just to let you know that I posted my blog as a product of your seminary at http.//taurusjade.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

SelamunAleykum! i need a help please help me. I have project for my technology lesson while i'm searching about this i find this block Ms. Miller i need a task for using skype in the classroom but i couldn't find anything. Please help me. Thanks for everything.

maddy said...

Excellent blog! very interesting to read this..Thanks for sharing!

Administration Resume Templates

dysfunction said...

It's appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or advice. Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read even more things about it!

ed pills online said...

Fine way of explaining, and nice post to take information on the topic of my presentation focus, which i am going to deliver in institution of higher education.

erectile dysfunction remedies said...

Hi everyone, it's my first go to see at this web site, and post is genuinely fruitful designed for me, keep up posting these types of articles or reviews.